Monday 22 December 2008

The Beautiful People

The party theme is The Beautiful and the Damned so I decide that my housemate and I must go together, she beautiful and I damned.

On Saturday morning, after a particularly hellish week, I find myself in Camden Town with a list.

Camden Town is pretty much the epicentre of alternative and boho punk-loving tattooed-up, pierced and flame-haired looneys. It's great.

To help with my morning shop I found the following songs particularly helpful - they played a gentle roar on my iPod;

1/ (m)Obscene
2/ Get Your Gun
3/ New Model No. 15 (I am currently re-inlove with this tune)

No-one would have known which is probably why I was getting funny looks while perusing the clothes rack in Metal Militia.

Everyone else dressed in black with a nose-ring, me in Nike sneakers, Mexx jeans and a Nicole Fahri jacket. They shouldn't judge books etc.

Finally, after a few hours I had all the bits I needed. Back at home, I couldn't wait.

I painted my nails and tried on a few bits. Because I am strictly rock 'n roll I had a few beers while doing this - all the better being only about 11.30am.

A party sleep and my housemate and I get ready. I strap her into her corset and she does my complicated make-up.

Tattoo sleaves, wig, hat and contact lenses all done. Tie on, shoes done, leather trousers, tick.

No longer am I the dull, rather vague and uninteresting book-end but instead I have become the original Antichrist Superstar.



As Dita and Marilyn, my housemate and I are a complete hit. We win best costume.

When the photographer sends us the bloody photos, I'll show you. But people ask to have their photos taken with us. I love it.

Forget everything I've said in the past, fancy dress is fun, fun, fun!

I think in time I may come to regret saying this but I'll say it again only so that you can remind me of my folly...

Fancy dress rocks!

All invitations to similar-such parties will be very gratefully received. Invite me bitches, otherwise I'll bite you.

8 comments:

dickophile said...

you scare me coxy.

Timmy said...

Can't wait to see the party pics. And congrats on winning! I expected nothing less of you.

Robert Cox said...

Dicks: Yey! (isn't that the point?!)

Timmy: Winning is the only option really. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong to fancy you in that get up :0S ?

You didn't mention whether you tubed it or went by Taxi? Any funny looks - or is this considered normal in London?

You definetly beat my Milkybar Kid costume from a few months back.

Robert Cox said...

Fleets: It is entirely understandable that you would fancy me, dressed in make-up with a wig on.

Yes. The creamiest milk and the whitest spunk... or how does that advert go again!?

dickophile said...

i guess? but its not halloween. its christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Pix #2...AKA...Manson1 That is just...

Ok..All of them are out there...but M1....Yeah

Anonymous said...

Reconsidered the fancying you in that part - but haver noticed an incredible resemblance to Boy George in the first picture - you don't allegedly still have any rent boys chained up do you?